Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Basil Butter and Crockpot Veggies





I wanted vegetables to serve to a large group that would be simple but good. I used this delicious Basil Butter from allrecipes.com to top Crockpot Veggies, and to spread on warm bread, yummmm! I served this to our Women's Bible Study group along with the Chicken Breasts Lombardy tonight.



Basil Butter
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/basil-butter/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=basil%20butter&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe

I LOVE garlic and stayed with the four cloves they suggested, but it might be too much for some people.










 Crockpot Veggies
http://www.livestrong.com/article/540878-how-to-cook-mixed-vegetables-of-carrots-green-beans-broccoli-with-a-crock-pot/

I added onion and an 8oz. package of mushrooms that I cut in halves to the veggies. I planned to have it ready in 3 hrs., so started it on low and checked it after about 2 hrs. turned it to high. I used more veggies than was included in the original recipe.

Some of the ladies enjoying their meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment