I found this recipe years ago and love it! It is meant to be a copycat recipe from Noodles and Company, but I think it's an improvement. I add either sauteed shrimp or prepared cubed chicken breast to make it a meal. I have made a few adjustments to the recipe
Ingredients
8 ounces cavatappi noodles or pasta of your choice ( I sometimes add less pasta because of adding shrimp or chicken)
1/2 pint (or a little more) grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1/2 pint sliced mushrooms
1/3 cup dry white wine (I use dry vermouth)
1/3 cup cream
8 ounces pesto*
extra virgin olive oil
1lb. sauteed shrimp or prepared chicken breast
*My pesto recipe
https://peggyscooking.blogspot.com/2026/06/pesto.html
Directions
Cook pasta as directed on packaging.
While pasta is cooking, saute the mushrooms in about a tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
When the pasta is almost done, add the wine and tomatoes to the mushrooms and reduce for 3 minutes. Then add the cream to the tomatoes and mushrooms and reduce for another 1-2 minutes. Add the pesto and stir to create the sauce.
Add the drained pasta and meat of choice to the pesto mixture. Stir very well and let sit a minute to soak up the pesto sauce.

No comments:
Post a Comment