Pages

Friday, October 13, 2023

Fruit and Jello Jiggler Sea Creation


 The three year old little girl I nanny had a sea creature birthday party so I made her a Jello Jiggler treat. It took me awhile to think of edible things I could use for the treat but was happy with the results. It's a little busier than I would have liked but I know how much she would appreciate the gummy fish addition.

Things needed

Sheet pan
Cooking spray
2-6 oz packages of blueberry jello
1 orange
1 plum
2 or 3 mandarin oranges
Grapes
Raspberries
Black food marker
Gummy fish


Directions

As you can see I used half of a large orange for the crab's body and part of the other half for it's pinchers. The legs and rest of it's pinchers are made with mandarin oranges, with halves of a grape for it's eyes. I used food marker for the pupils on the eyes but you could easily use a little frosting and chocolate chips. The jelly fish is half of a plum for the body and the other half cut into legs. The gummy fish came from Oriental Trading. I put the bodies of the crab and jelly fish in place after spraying the sheet pan and then carefully poured in the jello. About an hour before the jello was totally set I added the rest of the items, pushing them in a little so they would stay in place.

Jello Jiggler Recipe

https://www.squirrelsofafeather.com/jello-jigglers/#mv-creation-1-jtr

I doubled the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment